Video - Payment Help
Coral Reef Supply
securely with any
major credit card.
© copyright 2003-2012,
Coral Reef Supply
is an nLucent Company
| | | | | ||
|Korallin Calcium Reactor|
|KOR_C3002||Korallin CO2 Calcium Reactor C 3002. height: approx. 29" (710 mm); diameter reactor tube: 4.5" (110 mm); bottom-plate 160 mm; Top loading, holds up to 6 kg reactor media; Eheim 1048 pump 600 l/h; complete with intrgrated bubble counter fittings and hoses. For the production of calcium hydrogen carbonate and balance carbonic acid for coral reef tanks up to 800 gallons. (just add regulator, media and CO2 cylinder).|
The already best-selling Kalkreaktor (Calcium Reactor) in Germany has become even better. It completely replaces Kalkwasser, 1 or 2-part Calcium / Buffer powder & liquid dosing. The new and improved Korallin kalkreaktor allows a simple, elegant and high efficiency production of calcium hydrogen carbonate including the necessary balanced carbonic acid. Sit back and watch your aquarium`s pH and dKH being kept at optimum levels. Together with our reliable CO2 System, this is the most maintenance-free Kalkreaktor setup in the world.
Ca2+ + 2HCO3 = Ca(HCO3)2 = CaCO3 + H2CO3 Calcium + Hydrogen Carbonate =Calcium Hydrogen Carbonate = Calcium Carbonate + Carbonic Acid
A Kalkreaktor setup (ie: one with CO2 System and CaCO3 media) is expensive only at the beginning. You save money in the long term because a 5-pound CO2 refill ($12) lasts you 1.5 years on our Kalkreaktor (and only ours) while a 7-kg CaCO3 media ($42 and good enough for 2 refills) lasts you up to 1 year! And no more tedious daily Calcium dosing. A pH Controller is not required for our Kalkreaktor because there is no chance for the excessive CO2 to escape into your system like ALL other brands on the market. A pH Monitor is a nice equipment to have for fast pH measuring. Though pH Test Kit and pH Pen-monitor can still be used for this purpose.
The internal recirculation flow rate of the C-1502 is around 80 g/h. Since that this is a pressurized Kalkreaktor, the dissolution of the media by the carbonized water is enhanced. The effluent rate is only about 0.25 g/h at 40 drops / min. Thus explaining the efficient CO2 & media use. CO2 is being introduced into the Eheim powerhead direct - this is the most efficient Aspirating-Venturi method.
- Top-loading & access w/ enhanced O-ring seal
- Auto-fill Integrated Bubble Counter on one water circuit (ie: water never evaporates)
- Detachable Tru-Union couplings w/ O-rings for easy handling, safe shipping, upgrading and leak proof
- Integrated `industrial-grade` Brass Check Valve from German Air Pressure Systems to prevent back flow of pressurized saltwater
- Improved engineering for stronger water circulation and suction
- Secure German airline tubing connectors
- Medical-use Miniature Quick Disconnect Couplings w/ shut-off 3 Inlet & outlet facing same direction
- Special elbow for flexible airline tubing mounting
- Heavy-duty Excelon construction w/ no unsightly and fragile hangover tubing
- Top pump-mounting design
- Self-suction water intake by the silent Eheim pump eliminates the use of a dedicated powerhead, gravity-fed or tee-off methods. It also serves for water recirculation.
- Water circuit interruption in case of CO2 overdose - our exclusive CO2 Safety Feature
- Visual excessive CO2 check w/ ventilation valve for quick release
- Dual effluent outlets to suit different systems
- Aspirating-Venturi technology utilizes only 10 CO2 bubbles / min. and up - most efficient use of both CO2 gas and CaCO3 media
- The most compact and versatile positioning Kalkreaktor in its class - 6.25" small foot print + 15.75" total height - external or in-sump
- Micro-adjustable miniature ball valve to maintain a consistent effluent drip rate
- Slightly larger (German size) airline tubing for more consistent water flow
- Strainer to protect Eheim pump from loose media particles
- C-3002 - Rated for up to 800g. Reactor height: approx. 29"; Diameter: 4.5"; Ground: 6.25"; Filling amount to 6.5 kg. Eheim 1048 recirculation powerhead included.